1. The Venue
Set in a prime location near bars, restaurants, and shopping, the Talking Stick Resort is one of Phoenix’s hottest spots because it offers everything one might need: amazing rooms, a golf course, pool parties, and the best casino resort experience in town with more than 50 table games, 800 slot machines, and poker tournaments almost everyday.
All of our group discussions, presentations, and meals will be hosted at this incredible resort, and we won’t blame you for not even leaving the space the entire weekend.
2. Discussion Leaders
We’re bringing some of the best, most influential people inside the mobile repair industry. Meet the team who’ll be helping us delivering information and knowledge at its best:
- Justin Ashford: The host of The Art of Repair, the Premier Mobile Repair Techniques channel on YouTube, Justin also heads many free online learning communities and projects such as MBL.REPAIR, The Pulse Project, and the VendorList.
- Sarah Cade: Co-Founder of E-Reuse Services which provides consulting and collaboration services to the electronics repair, recycling and refurbishing industries.
- Vince Gioffre: With a background in Mechanical Engineering, Vince started his first repair shop back in 2010. He joined the gTool team in late 2016 where he leads project management, sales, and support for the DRS refurbishing system.
- Michael Oberdick: Michael has spent the last ten years of his life in retail, customer service, and IT. He’s the founder of iOutlet, a chain of stores that sell refurbished Apple devices, specialize in Apple repair, and provides bulk solutions for organizations of all sizes.
- Dan Kowalke: As the Director of Repair Channel Growth at iQmetrix, Dan Kowalke embraces technology, shares new ideas, seeks collaboration and leverages data
- Matthew Roldan: In 2013 Matthew launched Sourcely with his current business partners and childhood friends. He currently holds the position of Co-founder & Chief Revenue Officer @ Sourcely.
3. The Group Discussions
We believe that in order to grow, we need to first build a strong foundation. Not only will we discuss business development, but we want to take a moment to talk about the industry as whole: from right to repair issues to opportunities and threats, from digital marketing to inventory management and retail success.
4. The Exclusive gTool Presentation
One tool that refurbishes LCD screens from beginning to end. This revolutionizing machine will change the future of the repair industry. Need we say more?
5. Building Relationships
Connecting, learning, teaching, and growing together. In a business world, meeting new people is the key to success. With an informal, carefree ambiance, our unconference is the perfect place to meet peers and industry leaders, to exchange information, stories, successes and struggles, so that we can all grow together as an industry.
6. Outdoor Activities
As we mentioned, our venue is already one of the most fun places you can be when visiting the Valley of The Sun, but we’re taking things to the next level with some exciting extra activities that you can choose from: a fun dinner at TopGolf with food and drinks included, a beautiful early morning hike in the desert, or an exciting golf game in one of Phoenix’s best golf courses.
In the afternoon, enjoy an awesome pool party at the Casino with our own private cabana and all drinks included, a poker game inside the casino, or go geek-out at Cobra Arcade with fun 80’s Game Machines. No matter what you choose, you’ll be guaranteed some serious fun!
7. Our Partners
We’re proud to have partnered with amazing companies who all share one thing in common: they were all born from passion and the desire to revolutionize the repair industry. See their stories:
- gTool: Founded by George Hajipetrou in a small Mobile repair shop situated in the north of Johannesburg, South Africa.The company was born in order to meet the high demands of mobile phone repairs.
- iQmetrix: With POS and retail management solutions found in over 19,000 stores, iQmetrix is the largest retail software provider for the North American wireless industry. Beyond POS, iQmetrix offers powerful business intelligence, endless aisle, drop ship, e-commerce, and payment solutions, as well as an integrated network of over 35 partners. For nearly 20 years, iQmetrix has supported wireless retail growth; helping carriers, dealers, and repair providers invest in software that reduces costly inefficiencies, increases profitability, and speeds up transaction times to create great customer experiences.
- Elevate Supply: Michael Oberdick’s passion for electronics started at 12 years old, and after over a decade working in retail, customer service, and IT, it has lead him to build Elevate Supply, a wholesale company most widely known for its accessory lines that helps repair shops brand themselves with custom packaging on accessories.
We have no doubt that this will be a milestone event for the repair industry, by building each other up, establishing new connections, and debating on solutions to current problems our industry faces, all while having a lot of fun! See our entire agenda and get tickets today for just $49.99!